HipChat is a web service for internal private online chat and instant messaging. As well as one-on-one and group/topic chat, it also features cloud-based file storage, video calling, searchable message-history and inline-image viewing.
How does this integration work?
Envoy will automatically send a HipChat message to your employees when their visitors arrive.
Enabling the Envoy + HipChat integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your HipChat account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find HipChat. Click “Install.”
- If you use Hipchat Server or HipChat Datacenter, type your domain into the Choose your custom HipChat domain field.
- If you have a cloud HipChat instance, leave this field blank.
- Click “Next Step.”
- Click “Connect Account.”
- Sign into your HipChat account when prompted by the popup.
- When prompted by the Add Envoy popup, click “Approve.”
Here’s an example of how notifications will look for your employees in HipChat.
We recommend testing new features before engaging your whole team. Sign yourself in as a test visitor, and select yourself as the host to see the HipChat notification.
Envoy + HipChat FAQ
Q: Can we send photos through HipChat?
A: Natively, HipChat messages are text only.
Q: Can we get HipChat notifications in a room instead of individual messages?
A: Natively, Envoy can only send individual notifications.
Q: What if I use Zapier?
A: If you’re a Zapier user, you can customize your settings to trigger either of the actions above, and more! If you’d like to try an Envoy + Zapier integration, email us or live chat with us by clicking on the blue bar in the bottom right corner of this browser.