The watchlist feature allows you to send alerts when specific visitors sign in or are invited. You’ll enter custom keywords to create a watchlist, and if a visitor’s information matches, specified contact(s) will be notified. The watchlist does not block a visitor from entering; this feature simply alerts the watchlist contacts of a match to watchlist keywords.
You can also use the watchlist to alert your team of VIP visitors!
How watchlist works
All visitors will sign in with the normal sign-in flow and a visitor entry will be created. The badge will print and host notification will send. Your watchlist contact(s) will be notified that a visitor matched the blacklist.
- Example email notification
- Example SMS notification
Setting up watchlist
Step 1: Enable watchlist
- Go to Visitors > Settings > Notifications.
- Find Watchlist notifications and click “Enable.”
Step 2: Add watchlist keywords
Watchlist notifications will be triggered based on the information you provide to Envoy. You can provide names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Just put each on their own line.
Note: At this time there is not an option to add company names to the watchlist.
- Lines with an
@will be treated as email addresses or email domains. You can add specific email addresses or just the domain:
[email protected]will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that specific email address; adding
@company.comwill send an alert every time anyone with that domain signs in.
- Lines with all numbers will be treated as a phone number.
415-555-5555will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that specific phone number; adding just
415will send an alert for anyone with those numbers in their phone number.
- All other entries will be treated as visitor name.
Grey Ryer, will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that full name.
Step 3: Assign a watchlist contact
- On the Visitors > Settings > Notifications page, locate Watchlist notification.
- Assign a watchlist contact by typing an email address and/or phone number (for SMS) to receive your watchlist notifications.