Learn about the hardware you will need to use Envoy for visitor sign-in or delivery management.
About supported hardware
Depending on which Envoy products you’re using, there are different hardware requirements. This article outlines what hardware is required and which models are supported.
To use any Envoy product, you’ll also need to access your web dashboard. This requires a computer (or tablet/mobile device with a web browser) and an Internet connection.
You can purchase supported hardware from the Envoy store, or you’re welcome to purchase it from the retailer of your choice. If you purchase from a retailer other than Envoy, please be sure to purchase the right model!
To use Envoy Visitors, you must have an iPad. If you’d like to print visitor badges, you must also have a supported Brother printer and badges. We recommend using an iPad stand for your sign-in iPad, but it is not required.
Envoy Visitors is currently only available for iPad and is not compatible with any other tablet makes or models.
- iPads: iPad (2017 - current), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad Minis: iPad Mini 4 (current), iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini (1st generation)
- iPad Pros: iPad Pro 9.7 inch (current), iPad Pro 12.9 inch (current)
- Note: You can use Envoy Visitors with an iPad 2, but it is not recommended. iPad 2 does not support the current version of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) required for Envoy Passport sign-in.
We recommend the Brother QL-820NWB printer, which is available for purchase in the Envoy store. We also support two older models of Brother printers, the QL-720NW and QL-710W. Right now, color printers and plastic card printers are not supported.
Envoy does not currently support other color, plastic card, RFID, or QR code printers.
Envoy sells three types of badges in our store: plain white badges, custom color badges and expiring badges. If you prefer to purchase from a different retailer, we recommend the Brother DK-1202 badges. Learn more about other supported Brother badges.
The Envoy Deliveries mobile app is required for package scanning, so you must have a phone or tablet that supports the Envoy Deliveries mobile app. You may set up optional pick-up kiosks in your delivery areas, which require an iPad. We recommend using an iPad stand for your delivery kiosk, but it is not required.
Supported iPads for pick-up kiosk
- iPad: iPad (2017 - current), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad (2nd generation)
- iPad Mini: iPad Mini 4 (current), iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini (1st generation)
- iPad Pro: iPad Pro 9.7 inch (current), iPad Pro 12.9 inch (current)