Slack is a team communication and chat platform that brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.
How does this integration work?
With the Envoy + Slack integration, Envoy will send a Slack direct message to your employees every time a visitor arrives to see them. If you use Envoy Deliveries, your employees will receive a direct message when their delivery arrives.
If you’d also like to post all visitor notifications to a Slack channel, you can do that too! Learn more about channel notifications below.
Your team can also use the /envoy slash command in Slack to create an invite in Envoy. Learn more about inviting visitors in Slack.
Enabling the Envoy + Slack integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Slack account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find Slack. Click “Install.”
- Select or sign in to your team.
- Review the information, and click “Allow”.
- Optionally, under Workspaces, choose the workspace to block from messaging.
- Select ‘Next step’, and ‘Complete Setup’.
- Back on your dashboard, you’ll see that the integration has been enabled.
- To receive notifications from the Envoy bot, an employee must be listed with the same email address both in your Envoy employee directory and on your Slack team.
- We recommend testing new features before engaging your whole team. On the Envoy iPad, sign yourself in as a test visitor, select yourself as the host, and check out the notification you get from the Envoy bot.
Note: To receive Slack notifications, each employee and administrator must enable Slack notifications in their personal notifications settings. Follow the instructions in this article and feel free to share it with your team.
Envoy + Slack channel notifications
Once you’ve enabled the integration via the steps above, it’s easy to have the Envoy bot list all visitors in one or multiple channels. If your company has multiple locations with Envoy, please note that channel notifications will show all visitors at all locations.
Note: Once the the Envoy bot is installed in Slack, all users can invite the bot to any public or private channel. If you prefer to have the Envoy bot only send direct messages, please reach out to Envoy support.
How to create a new channel for notifications
- We recommend creating a new channel to display visitor sign-ins. To do so, start by creating a new channel.
- When creating the new channel, invite Envoy, and any other team members as desired.
- All employee’s visitor notifications will now appear in the channel.
Note: In order to limit the Slack bot to send notifications to specific channels, please see the following instructions.
How to get notifications in an existing channel
- You can invite Envoy to any existing channel to see notifications there. Just type the /invite command and invite @envoy.
How to remove notifications from an existing channel
- You can remove Envoy from any existing channel. Just type /remove and @envoy.
Envoy + Slack host replies
With the Slack integration enabled, you can optionally allow hosts to reply with a single click.
To enable this feature:
- Navigate to to your Notifications settings.
- Click “Edit” next to the Slack integration.
- Click the toggle to enable host replies.
Note: Once host replies are toggled on, all Front Desk Admins at the location will receive each host reply.
Does Envoy authenticate with Slack Enterprise Grid?
- Yes, Envoy will authenticate multiple Slack workspaces, and allow for a unified host notification across workspaces through the Envoy bot.