Setting up the visitor sign-in kiosk
Learn how to set up an iPad to work as your visitor sign-in kiosk.
Naming your iPad
We highly recommend giving each iPad a distinct name. You can do this before or after the iPad is paired to your location. Here’s why: once your iPad is paired, it will appear on your Visitors > Devices page. It’ll be easier to troubleshoot any issues later if the iPad has a distinct name.
Pairing an iPad
- On your iPad, open the App Store. Search for and download the Envoy Visitors Kiosk app.
- Open the Envoy Visitors app, and tap “I have an Envoy account.”
- Find the six digit device pairing code.
- On your computer, go to Visitors > Devices > iPads.
- Type your device pairing code into the field.
- Click “New iPad” if you don’t see a field.
- Click “Add this iPad,” and your iPad will pair. This may take a few moments.
Remember, you can pair multiple iPads to the same location. To do so, simply repeat the steps above with your additional iPads.
Using an iPad stand
We strongly recommend using an iPad stand to prop up your iPad, making it easier for visitors to sign in.
We sell several options in the Envoy store.
- The MiStand is adjustable which helps with photo-taking.
- The @Rest is affordable, transportable and easy to assemble
- The WindFall is the most secure, as it can be bolted or locked to your front desk.