Setting language for your team and visitors
Your team and guests can use Visitors in 17 languages. Set your team’s language preference and which languages are available to visitors all from the dashboard.
Visitors supports 17 languages: Chinese (simplified and traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Setting your default language
Your kiosk and the notifications Envoy sends your team will appear in your default language. To change this to a different language, follow the steps below
- Go to Visitors > Settings > Account.
- Under Advanced settings, find Language, and click “Edit.”
- Click the dropdown and select your desired language from the list.
- Click “Save.” Note that your NDA and legal documents will remain in their original language. We recommend working with your legal team if you choose to translate these.
Your default language must be set to English to customize your host notification text. In any other language, this text will return to its default.
Supporting multiple languages on the kiosk
You can give visitors the option to sign in in different languages. When you add a language, Envoy creates a translated version of your sign-in flow that visitors can select from the kiosk’s welcome screen.
Once a visitor finishes signing in, the kiosk will return to the default language.
Add languages to your kiosk to give your visitors options when they sign-in. For each language you choose to support, Visitors creates a translated copy of your sign-in flow that guests can activate from the kiosk’s welcome screen. Add a language in a few clicks.
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Welcome screen > Multiple languages.
- Select “Edit.”
- Choose a language to add from the dropdown.
- Click “Save.”
When you add a language, Envoy translates your sign-in flow, including your NDA or other legal documents, automatically. We recommend reviewing these translations for accuracy. Follow these steps to see and edit your translations.
To review translations of your sign-in flow:
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > General.
- Click the “Manage translations” button next to Visitor type name or beneath Sign in fields to see their respective translations.
- Type the desired translation.
- Click “Save.”
To review translations of your NDA:
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > NDA.
- Scroll down the NDA text section.
- Click the dropdown to select which translation you’d like to view.
- If you choose to make edits, be sure to click “Save NDA text” to apply the changes.
Note that if you change the name of a visitor type or sign-in field in your default language, your translations will update to match. However, editing a translated version of your sign-in flow will not update your other translations to match.