Salesforce Chatter integration
How does this integration work?
Envoy will send employees a private Chatter message when their visitors arrive.
Enabling the Envoy + Chatter integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Salesforce Chatter account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Before enabling the integration, we recommend creating a generic Chatter user named Envoyor Front Desk. All Chatter messages will come from this new user.
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find Salesforce Chatter and click “Install.”
- Click “Next Step.”
- Click “Connect Account.”
- At this time, you’ll be prompted to sign in to Salesforce. If you created a generic chatter user, make sure to sign in as that user to complete the connection.
- Note: if you log in using your personal Chatter login information, all host notifications in Chatter will be sent from you.
- Allow access when prompted.
- Once you’ve installed the integration, host notifications will begin sending.
- Each employee that wishes to receive Chatter notifications must have an active Chatter account, and their email listed in Chatter must match their email listed in the Envoy employee directory.