Microsoft Teams integration
Microsoft Teams is a business communication platform developed by Microsoft which allows you to host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.
How does this integration work?
Envoy will automatically send a Microsoft Teams chat message to your employees when their visitors arrive, and allow your employees to communicate with the front desk admin using the buttons on the notification around when they will receive their visitor. Also, if you utilize our deliveries product then your employees will automatically receive notifications via Teams around their packages.
Envoy + Microsoft Teams FAQ
Q: What are the prerequisites for Microsoft Teams?
A: You need a Microsoft Office 365 account to access Teams.
Q: Does the Envoy Bot send a direct message in Teams?
A: Yes, the Envoy Bot will DM directly via chat that you have a visitor. It will not notify the entire Team chat.
Q: Do I need to input the install token for the Envoy Bot for every user?
A: No, you only need to input the install token for the Envoy Bot once per Team. The easiest way to do this is to have a main Team with the users that you wish to be notified, and installing the Envoy Bot there.
Q: Can I install the integration across all Locations rather than the default (per Location)?
A: Yes. Please contact Envoy Support and we can configure the integration to be a Global install rather than per Location.
Q: Can I use the buttons to respond to my Front Desk?
A: Yes. Please utilize the on the way, few minutes late, and unavailable buttons in your Microsoft Teams employee notification to communicate when you will arrive to receive your guest.
Q: Can I receive Delivery notifications if I use Envoy deliveries for my packages via MS Teams?
A: Yes. Please contact Envoy Support if you would like to turn this feature on or off, but we can configure the integration to automatically integrate with our Envoy Deliveries product to provide you the ability to receive notifications around your deliveries and mark them as picked up or snooze the notification if you need some additional time.
Enabling the Envoy + Microsoft Teams integration
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find Microsoft Teams. Click “Install” and then “Configure”.
- Authenticate with Microsoft Office 365. If you are not currently logged into Office 365, you will be prompted to do so.
- To access Microsoft Teams go to https://teams.microsoft.com.
- Copy the install token from the Microsoft Teams configuration page within Envoy.
- In order to connect, select the Envoy bot from the Teams Store and then assign the Team in which you plan to add the bot to post host notifications, then paste the install token within the bot form setup.
- Back in the Envoy Dashboard, you’ll see that the integration has been enabled after refreshing the page. Click “Complete Setup” button to save your changes.
- To receive notifications from the Envoy bot, an employee must be listed with the same email address both in your employee directory and in Microsoft Teams.
- We recommend testing the notification before adding the Envoy Bot to multiple Teams, because a notification will be sent for each visitor to the host. On the Envoy Visitors app, sign yourself in as a test visitor, select yourself as the host, and review the notification you receive from the Envoy bot.