IFTTT (pronounced like gift without the g) is a service that helps you connect apps to get more out of your data. It provides flexibility to automate processes you may have done manually in the past. And, it’s free!
IFTTT stands for “if this, then that,” and that’s exactly how this service works. Pick an “if” trigger and a “then” action. Then, IFTTT automatically completes the action for you!
How does this integration work?
Envoy integrates with IFTTT, allowing you to integrate many apps. And best of all, it’s all automated.
Some of our favorite, pre-programmed examples:
- Envoy > Google Drive/OneDrive: file new Envoy signed agreements into a specified folder
- Envoy > Google Sheets: log Envoy visitor entries to a spreadsheet
- Envoy > Google Calendar: create Google Calendar events for Envoy pre-registrations
- Envoy > Phone: receive a phone call every time a visitor arrives
Create your own
IFTTT makes it super simple to create your own “recipes,” too. Choose one of the listed Envoy “if” triggers, and any “then” action from the apps listed. From messaging to data collection—IFTTT makes it easier to do more with your Envoy data.
Enabling a recommended IFTTT recipe
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under roll your own, find IFTTT. Click “Install.”
- An IFTTT window will pop up. If you’re not already logged in to IFTTT, you’ll be prompted to do so now.
- Then, you’ll see the IFTTT Envoy Channel. From this page, select from our popular, pre-programmed recipes.
- For this example, we’ll be using the Envoy > Google Drive recipe to save signed agreements.
- Once you select a recipe, you’ll learn more about it. From this page, you’ll first need to connect your Envoy account by clicking “Connect.”
- Next, you’ll be prompted to connect an Envoy account. Click the “Authorize” button.
- To connect the partner app, click the “Connect” button.
- In this example, we’re connecting a Google Drive account. Click “Allow.”
- Click “Add” to enable this recipe for your account.
- You’re done! But, you can edit the specifics (in this example,
drive folder path) if you wish.
- We recommend testing the recipe to ensure it works as intended. To do so, perform the “if” trigger (i.e., sign yourself in as a test visitor), and check to see if the “then” action took place (i.e., check Dropbox to see if your signed agreement is in the folder).