How to update settings across multiple locations
As an Envoy administrator, you’ll likely need to update or reconfigure various settings from time to time. If you have multiple Visitors locations, it’s easy to make multiple updates at once.
How updating settings works
When you need to update a given setting at multiple locations, you do not have to configure that setting “from scratch” multiple times. You can “copy” your updates over to additional locations.
You can use this feature to make multiple updates at once—as long as they’re all on the same section or page. Here are a few examples:
- You can make multiple updates to one sign-in flow (like editing the NDA and photo settings) in one “batch.”
- Similarly, you can update multiple settings on your notifications page at the same time.
- You cannot update one setting from you Sign-in flow > NDA page at the same time as a setting from your notifications page. You’d have to make those changes in two separate “batches.”
Updating settings for multiple locations
Step 1: Update setting at first location
- Update the setting as you normally would, and save the changes.
- In this example, we changed the NDA text.
- Scroll to the top of the page, and you’ll see Update 1 setting in more locations in the top right corner.
- Optional: Edit another setting within same settings page or sign-in flow.
- In this example, we are also going to enable visitor photos.
- The message in the top right corner has now changed to Update 2 settings in more locations.
Step 2: Choose sign-in flows & locations
- Click on Update settings in more locations.
- Check the box next to the location or sign-in flow you’d like to update.
- When editing sign-in flow settings, selecting the location will select all sign-in flows at that location.
- To select specific flows, click Show sign-in flows and select desired sign-in flows. In this example, you see we’ve selecte the “Interview” flow at each location.
- Click “Next.”
- Proceeding will overwrite existing settings for the sign-in flows you selected on the previous screen, so take a moment to review your changes. If all looks good, click “Yes, overwrite.”
You can undo your changes by clicking Undo in the green success message.
List of settings that can be updated across locations
- Accent color
- Welcome image
- Background color
- Been here before?
- Self sign-out
- Sign-in flow names
- Enable or disable specific sign-in flows
- Sign-in fields
- NDA signing
- Allow visitors to decline signing
- Email signed NDAs
- NDA text
- Require visitors to re-sign (including days)
- Visitor photos
- Use existing photos
- Plus one sign-in
- Final screen
- Host notifications
- Email notification
- SMS notification
- Slack Notification
- Invite notifications
- Invite email template