Envoy account structure
Learn the basics about how accounts, locations and delivery areas work together.
How Envoy account structure works
With Envoy, your account structure will depend on three things:
- Which Envoy products you use
- Which plan you subscribe to
- How many offices you’ll use Envoy in
Signing up for any Envoy product creates your Envoy account. A company will typically have one Envoy account, no matter how many physical offices or which Envoy products they use.
Think of your account as the umbrella over everything else you’ll set up within Envoy.
During sign-up, you’ll also create your first location. A location typically represents a physical office.
Since an account can have multiple locations, think of each location as nested underneath your account umbrella. Our customers often create locations for each of their offices in different cities or for each building in a central campus.
Allowing multiple locations per account gives account administrators more flexibility. This way, you can have global administrators with account-level access as well as location-based administrator with more specific access.
Benefits of this account structure
Flexibility: You can totally customize your account structure to meet your needs.
Centralized billing: Although you’ll pay for each subscription, they’re all linked to your one Envoy account.
Easy expansion: If your company opens a new office that needs visitor sign-in or delivery management, it’s easy to add a new location and copy over your existing settings.
Envoy account structure and billing
Locations are free—it’s the subscriptions to the products that require payment. You can subscribe to Visitors, Deliveries or both at any of your account’s locations.
- You’ll need an Visitors subscription for every location where you’d like to sign-in visitors.
- You can choose from Basic, Standard, Premium and Enterprise plans.
All locations that are using Envoy Visitors must be on the same plan type (i.e., you cannot have one location on Standard and one on Premium).
- You’ll need a subscription for each delivery area where you’ll manage deliveries.
- Your locations do not need to have the same number of delivery areas. You can have no delivery areas, one delivery area or multiple delivery areas per location.
There is only one paid plan for Deliveries and it comes with all features.
- When you have multiple Envoy subscriptions—whether that’s multiple paid Visitors locations, multiple delivery areas, or a combination of both—your whole account will be on one payment method and one billing cycle.