Aruba ClearPass integration
Aruba’s ClearPass is a way for you to easily provide Wi-Fi network access to your visitors and employees. It securely provisions network access with context-aware policies that you can control and configure.
How does this integration work?
Envoy sends visitor information to ClearPass, which then provisions temporary Wi-Fi access credentials to your network. Upon sign-in, the visitor will receive an email (if you collect visitor email addresses) or text message (if you collect visitor phone numbers) with username and password information for Wi-Fi access. This integration is enabled per location.
Note: for this integration to work, you must collect either visitor email addresses or phone numbers at sign-in. Learn more about how to configure your Envoy sign-in fields.
Enabling the Envoy + Aruba ClearPass integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Aruba ClearPass account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under Envoy Labs, find Aruba, and click “Install.”
- Copy your Envoy Plugin Install Token and use it to configure your Envoy ClearPass Extension following this guide.
- Complete the ClearPass Extension setup in Aruba ClearPass. You will receive a ClearPass tenantName.
- Back in Envoy settings, paste your tenantName into the ClearPass tenantName field.
- Optional: If you have multiple ClearPass accounts, you can add a second tenantName in the Secondary ClearPass tenantName field.
- If you add a secondary tenantName, you must also select the locations to associate with the secondary tenantName.
- All locations not selected in the Secondary location mapping field will be associated with your primary tenantName.
- Click “Next step.”
- Once the Envoy ClearPass Extension is activated, it will automatically begin provisioning Wi-Fi credentials for visitors. You can see the status of the integration and any failures that have occurred on your enabled integrations page under Aruba ClearPass.