Learn about locations, which are the backbone of your Envoy account.
How locations work
When you sign up for Visitors, the first thing you’ll do is create your first location. For most of our customers, a location represents a physical office—the place where their visitors sign in.
Your Envoy account can have one or multiple locations, depending on your needs. If you only have one office, than one location is great, but the flexibility allows larger companies to create locations for offices in different cities or for multiple buildings on a central campus.
Each location has it’s own visitor log and settings, and it’s easy to switch between locations if you have global permissions. You’d want to create a new location anytime you want to keep visitor data separate.
Locations and billing
You’ll need a subscription for each location where you want to sign in visitors. Envoy offers a Basic plan, which is free, and several paid plans with different feature sets. If you choose a paid plan, you’ll need to purchase a subscription for each location.
- Basic Plan allows for one location per account.
- Standard Plan supports multi-location management for up to five locations (paid per location).
- Premium and Enterprise plans support multi-location management for unlimited locations (paid per location).
Locations, devices and visitor sign-in
Every Visitors plan supports multiple sign-in kiosks per location. For example, at one location you could pair three iPads, creating three sign-in kiosks at your front desk.
Printer configuration depends on your plan type:
- The Basic plan does not support badge printing, so you cannot pair a printer at locations using the Basic plan.
- Standard and Premium Plans support one printer per location. So for example, you could have three sign-in kiosks and one printer at your front desk.
- The Enterprise plan supports multiple printers per location, and you can associate sign-in kiosks with specific printers.
Almost every setting for Envoy Visitors can be configured per location. This means if you’re using Envoy in multiple offices, you can have different sign-in flows, NDAs, invite emails, notification settings and more.
Here, we’re using location settings, to specifically refer to your general location settings including the company name, location name, address, logo, accent color and language. More about each of these general location settings below.
Company name and location name
The company name and location name you choose will appear by default in your host notifications, NDA template and pre-registration email. Often, customers will use the same company name across all of their locations and use the city name as their location name. For example, a company called Second Street Labs may call their two locations “HQ” and “Seattle.”
But, you can also change the company name per location if desired. For example, if your office is run by a parent company, you may want your company name to appear instead of theirs. If so, simply change the name in the company name field for your location.
Having the correct address is very important. Envoy uses your address for the following:
- Setting your timezone: Visitor sign-in and sign-out times will appear on the dashboard according to the timezone associated with your address.
- Address in pre-registration email: The pre-registration email shows your address.
- Maps in pre-registration email: The pre-registration email template contains a Google map which will reflects your address.
If your company is moving to a new building, all you have to do is update your address. No need to unpair or re-pair your iPad. It will all update automatically.
The logo you upload will appear in several places:
- Default design for your sign-in kiosk: Your logo will appear above the “Tap to sign-in” button.
- Signed NDAs: Your logo will appear at the top of every signed NDA.
- Pre-registration email: Your logo appears in the email visitors receive when they’re invited.
- (Optional) Badges: You can choose to print your logo on the visitor badges.
The accent color here determines the color of the buttons on the iPad in your pre-registration email. Envoy automatically assigns an accent color that matches your logo, but you can change it if you prefer.
You can change your preferred language per location. Envoy Visitors supports 17 languages. When you change the language, it will translate the text on your sign-in kiosk, in pre-registration emails, and in host notifications. At this time, the dashboard is available in English only. Learn more about language translations.